Ultherapy® is an FDA-cleared, non-invasive procedure for skin tightening to lift the eyebrow, neck, jawline, and décolletage areas. Ultherapy is the only cosmetic procedure to use ultrasound imaging, which allows practitioners to see the layers of tissue targeted during the treatment to ensure the energy is deposited to where it will be most beneficial. This focused ultrasound energy boosts collagen production, a process also known as neocollagenesis, and actually triggers your body’s natural healing response, promoting the regenerative process that produces new collagen. The procedure is unlike lasers, radio frequency, surgery, and other technologies since it bypasses the surface of the skin to deliver the right amount of ultrasound energy at the right depths and the right temperature. Ultherapy can be used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the chest, to tighten the jowls, and even to treat fine lines around the eyes, with almost no downtime.
People who has mild to moderate skin laxity where the skin begins to feel and look less firm
- Lowered eyebrow line
- Loose skin on the neck
- Sagging under the chin
- Lines or wrinkles on the chest
Of course, the best way to find out if you’re an Ultherapy candidate is to consult with our practitioners, so it is important to schedule an appointment.
- The length of the treatment will depend on the area being treated and your individual treatment plan. (A face and neck procedure typically takes 60-90 minutes, while a chest treatment takes approximately 30 minutes.)
- Most patients only need one treatment. However, based on the degree of skin laxity, the biological response to ultrasound energy and the individual’s collagen-building process, some patients benefit from additional treatments. Because skin continues to age, future touch-up treatments can help patients keep pace with the body’s natural aging process.
After your Ultherapy treatment, you may see some initial effect, but the ultimate results will take place over 2-3 months, as your body naturally regenerates collagen. Since the procedure stimulates your own collagen production, how long the results last really depends on you. The treatment produces new collagen on the inside, but your natural aging process will dictate how long that translates into visible results on the outside.
Things to Do:
- Routine medications may be taken the morning of the procedure with a light breakfast
- Most patients can return to work immediately after the procedure. Normal showering is permitted the day after the procedure
Things to Avoid:
- Please avoid any alcohol 48 hours before the procedure
- Flushed skin (the redness should disappear within a few hours)
- Slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch