The QX max has revolutionized laser tattoo removal. It is faster, stronger, and more adjustable than any previous machine. This means greater comfort for you with better results and less repeat visits. The energy of the QX Max is delivered in a true nanosecond (billionth of a second). Only this speed can shatter the tattoo ink within the skin while not damaging the surrounding cells. The power of the QX Max means it can penetrate deeper into the dermis to break up more ink. Lower-powered devices can’t penetrate far enough into the skin to reach ink that is in the deepest dermal layers leaving shadows or only partially-removed artwork. The wavelength of the QX Max can be adjusted based on your tattoo. The clinician can select from five different settings which each target a separate color range. This has never before been possible from a single laser system.
You may notice that some spots which have been treated with the Fraxel Dual machine may appear darker immediately after the treatment. This is normal and indicates that the pigment will easily slough off in several days. You may also notice some redness and swelling, which should subside about a few days after the treatment. Make sure to use the ice the aestheticians may have given you. You may use concealer over the treated area until the pigment flakes off. Some spots will not darken after treatment but will show signs of lightening about a week after treatment.
Keep in mind that laser treatments tend to dry the skin and make it slightly more sensitive to UV rays. For this reason, please make sure to follow the guidelines listed below:
- No traveling right after the treatment.
- Avoid exposing the treated the areas to direct sunshine outdoors for the first 4 days.
- ALWAYS use sunblock! Even on a rainy, cloudy day, UV rays can still penetrate the clouds.
- Use a high-quality moisturizer
- The best thing to do after a treatment is to use common sense and baby the skin a little. There are several things you should avoid immediately after an IPL treatment. There are:
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or hot tubs for 2 days (the day of treatment and the day after) following the procedure.
- Do not use any masks at home for one week.
- Do not get any professional facials done for 14 days
- Do not use abrasive or exfoliating cleansers for 14 days.
- Do not expose the treated area to extreme sun exposure (for example, several hours on the beach without a hat) for 4 days.
- Do not use fading or bleaching agents for 14 days.
- Do not use any products containing alpha or beta hydroxy acids, lactic acid, retinoids, glycolic acid, or vitamin C for 14 days.
How long will the treatment take?
The actual treatment will only take 1-2 hours. And, since there is no need to apply gel or any topical anesthetic, your total appointment time can easily fit within your lunch hour.