PRP(Platelet Rich Plasma) is a natural product created from your own body. A small amount of blood is drawn from you and placed in a sterile tube that is spun down in a centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. Red and white blood cells are divided from the platelets and the plasma (the clear fluid). This plasma now contains a higher than normal number of platelets and is called platelet rich plasma, or PRP. The goal of PRP skin rejuvenation therapy is to improve skin tone and texture, tighten skin, soften lines and pores.
- Wrinkles: forehead, glabella, fine lines around the eyes, nasal lines,smile lines, wrinkles, neck lines
- Loose, rough, dull facial skin
- Depressed scars caused by trauma, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, pigmentation (stain), sunburn, erythema, chloasma
- Large pores, telangiectasia
- Eye bags, dark circles
- Hair growth
- A small amount of blood will be drawn from you. While the PRP is being prepared, your skin will be cleansed and prepared for the treatment.
- The procedure is quick (15 minutes total), relatively painless, and requires no post procedure care or time off from daily events
- Three treatment sessions are generally recommended, spaced 1-2 months apart, to achieve the best outcome
- PRP therapy can be combined with laser treatments, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, Restylane, Juvederm, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and/or Dysport® to best target a patient’s unique issues and thus achieve the final goal of younger looking skin
Results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment session and continue to improve with time. Maintenance PRP treatments should be given over time.
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid taking NSAID anti-inflammatory drugs, antipyretic and analgesics, such as aspirin, etc. for 15 days after treatment.
- Do not use any mask within 24 hours after treatment
- Do not use skin care products that contain whitening, rejuvenating and freckle removal ingredients within two weeks
- Do not swim for a week after treatment, sauna, etc.
- Do not drink alcohol, eat seafood or irritating food within one week after treatment
- Mild swelling, redness, or bruising fade within 1-3 days
- The PRP is made from your own cells, virtually eliminating the possibility of negative side effects