What is PicoSure?
PicoSure is the first of a new generation of aesthetic lasers that don’t rely solely on heat to burn or melt away unwanted tattoo ink or melanin, the pigment that causes dark spots in your skin.
Instead, PicoSure engineers used cutting edge physics and medical science to help practitioners treat patients in a new way. Instead of building up heat, PicoSure delivers energy so rapidly (in trillionths of a second) that tiny particles that make up pigment and tattoo ink vibrate and shatter, without burning surrounding tissue. Less heat means less tissue damage and discomfort.
Even more impressively, PicoSure’s revolutionary technology is designed to harness the body’s natural healing processes to restore youthful skin in ways never before possible. Using proprietary Focus lens technology, PicoSure effectively converts the laser energy into gentle pressure waves that activate Cell Signaling, the body’s natural communication processes and one of the most exciting medical discoveries in recent history.
- People who has Pigment, like freckles, sunspots and discoloration
- People who has Unwanted tattoo
- People who has Acne scars
- People who has Wrinkles
With PicoSure, there’s no special prep and procedures depends on the size of the area to be treated, typically take about 10-15 minutes for average sized tattoo and skin revitalization treatments.
Recovery times are dependent on the condition being treated and each patient’s ability to heal.
- Typical treatment intervals are 2-6 weeks for pigmented lesions and 6-8 weeks for tattoo removal
- Treatments for acne scars and wrinkles using the Focus lens array can be performed every 3-4 weeks
- Your treatment provider will create a personalized treatment plan for you
The number of PicoSure treatments for unwanted pigmentation will vary depending on the condition being treated and how each individual responds.
- For tattoo removal, the size, location and density of ink play important roles in how quickly clearance can be achieved, but 4-10 treatments* is common for modern tattoos.
- The number of treatments for skin revitalization is largely dependent on the clinical condition being addressed but 2-5 treatments are common.
- Your treatment provider will be able to evaluate and provide you with a personalized plan.
- Tattoo removal and acne scar results are permanent
- Skin revitalization treatment results are long lasting, but some pigment conditions can be recurrent. Some patients find that a PicoSure Focus treatment every six months can help prevent accumulation of pigment and slow the appearance of wrinkles.
Things to Do:
- Because PicoSure doesn’t burn and damage the surface of the skin, make-up, moisturizes and sun screens may be applied immediately following treatment.
- After laser treatments for removal of tattoos and unwanted pigment, the skin is more vulnerable to sunlight so minimizing sun exposure and use of sunscreen of SPF30+ is recommended.
- Most people experience no pain and describe treatments as feeling like the snapping of a rubber band, but your treatment provider may offer numbing cream to minimize any possible discomfort.
- After treatment, most patients experience only 1-3 hours of minor swelling and redness.
- Tattoo removal treatments require more energy than skin revitalization and some patients may experience hypopigmentation (a lightening in skin color of the treated area) but this is usually temporary and normal skin is typically restored once healing is complete.