Fat dissolving injection is a non-surgical, localized fat reduction method. The main ingredient in Kybella® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the skin, Kybella® destroys fat cells permanently, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness in the areas of concern. Since these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat once destroyed, no further treatment session would be necessary. The injection is suitable for small areas such as under the chin, face, belly, extremities, and other parts. Once administered, Kybella® accelerates fat metabolism, fat cell degeneration and absorption,and simultaneously tightens skin.
- Anyone is eligible for a fat dissolving injection
- In particular, people who are aged 20 to 65 years old
- People who are trying to get rid of stubborn fat
- Not recommended for people who have any infections near the injection site(s)
- Not recommended for people who are taking blood thinner medications
- Not recommended for people who are pregnant
- Not recommended for people who are receiving additional surgery to the areas of concern
It is important to be open and honest about your medical history in order to best determine whether Kybella® is recommended for you.
- Each treatment should take roughly 15-20 minutes per session
- Since everyone is different, the number of treatments vary from patient to patient. Your medical provider will help determine the exact number of sessions you will need based on the amount and distribution of your fat and your own personal beauty needs.
- You should wait 4-6 weeks between each treatment.
Kybella® takes 3-5 treatments to take full effect, but results are permanent.
Things to Do:
- Routine medications may be taken the morning of procedure with a light breakfast
- Wash your hair the night before or the morning of the treatment
- Use an ice pack/gel for 24 hours on the treated areas to reduce possible swelling and bruising
- Massage the injection area after treatment
- Exercise as needed to enhance physical fitness and weight loss
Things to Avoid:
- Discontinue aspirin and ibuprofen products (Advil, Motrin) for ten days prior to treatment. Tylenol is permitted
- Avoid Vitamin E supplements for ten days prior to treatment. Regular multivitamins are permitted
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to treatment
- Do not apply any medication to injection site(s) or surrounding area(s).