Botox®/Xeomin® is a natural and purified protein that relaxes the muscles by blocking nerve impulses connected to the tiny facial muscles related to expression. These muscles are responsible for expression wrinkles such as crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead lines. Over time, these wrinkles become more prominent due to gravity and general aging. With a few tiny injections, Botox®/Xeomin® blocks the release of acetylcholine, the chemical that causes muscles to contract. Once the muscles are at rest, the skin becomes smoother, creating a more natural and relaxed appearance. Botox®/Xeomin® are both FDA approved for the treatment of moderate to severe frown lines in facial wrinkles, facial creases, and in between the eyebrows.
- Fine wrinkles
- Axillary Hyperhidrosis
Your medical provider will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment for your beauty needs. The actual injection process takes about 10-15 minutes.
Once your wrinkles return, you can have another injection. There is no defined limit to the number of injections one can have. Though, our bodies are capable of developing an immunity toward Botox®/Xeomin® molecules, resulting in less effective results.
Effects of Botox®/Xeomin® vary depending on the individual, but results typically take 14-21 days to take full effect and generally last 3-4 months. Patients are recommended to contact our office no later than two (2) weeks after the treatment if desired results were not achieved.
Things to Do:
- Avoid alcoholic beverages at least 1 week prior to the treatment (alcohol may thin the blood, which increases the risk of bruising).
- Schedule your Botox/Xeomin appointment at least two (2) weeks prior to a special event you may be attending( i.e., wedding, vacation, etc. Allow your body to heal and recover from possible bruising marks and swelling from your injection.)
- Practice exercising your treated muscles, such as frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting, for 1-2 hours after your treatment to help work Botox®/Xeomin® into your muscles.
- Be sure that you will be able to remain in an upright position for at least 4 hours after the Botox/Xeomin treatment.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the treated area(s) as this helps reduce swelling and potential for bruising.
- You may begin wearing makeup once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) of concern and have stopped any bleeding from injection site(s). However be very gentle as to not aggravate the injection site(s)。
- Avoid placing excessive pressure or massaging the treated area(s) for the first 2 weeks.
- Wait a minimum of 2 weeks before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.
- Wait a minimum of 1 week before receiving spa or sauna treatments.
- No alcohol for the first 3 days.
- Avoid exercise or other strenuous activity for the next 24 hours.
Things to Avoid:
Do not use Botox®/Xeomin® if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are allergic to any of its ingredients
- suffer from any neurological disorders
Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
- Muscle weakness near injection site(s)
- Muscle stiffness
- Dry mouth, dry eyes