NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at the subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, and pull the needle out.The PDO thread remains under the skin. A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape” structure. With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” gets lost over time. The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape”.
- Skin rejuvenation
- Patients will see the effects immediately after the face-lift
- The overall effect can be maintained for about one to two years
Things to Do:
- High blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic diseases symptoms should be within normal range
- If injectable implants have been used in the past month, the patients shall disclose in advance
- The 4D Nova Threads treatment requires numbing cream because the needle is placed at a sensitive place.
- After treatment, ice the treatment area as soon as possible to reduce swelling, bleeding
- Patient should apply pressure to stop any possible bleeding as soon as possible in order to reduce bruising
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid abnormal blood clotting or coagulation drugs such as vitamin E, ginseng, ginkgo, fish oil 3-7 days before the 4D Nova threads treatment
- After procedure, patient should avoid stimulating the wound by not putting on make-up, avoiding spas, or eating irritating foods
- No traveling for the next 48 hours
- Avoid exaggerated facial expressions, strenuous exercises, and spa facials for at least a month
- Do not eat food that requires you to open our mouth wider than it should.
- Dental appointments can be made two weeks after treatment
- Discomfort (Numbing cream helps reduce the pain)
- Swelling within the first week
- Slight movement of the thread against the skin
Please notify clinic provider as needed if thread comes out from skin.